Are we allowed to use these in commercial projects? You would be credited, of course.
Sheepstorm Battle Framework
A downloadable project for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android
Sheepstorm is a generic, FF-esque battle engine centered around Ren'Py's (yes, Ren'Py) Screen Language. Current version is 0.420 "BAAAttlePY" which has the following features:
- Fighter Class for all your stat needs.
- Skill Class for single-target and for false AOE skills.
- Animation and SFX are supported. Just declare them when you're making new fighters.
- Screen-based UI because the average EVN dev would most likely focus on looks. Change how the screens look via good old styling.
- I really don't know what else to list here.
More improvements are to be expected as I learn more Python code.
HOW TO USE
Refer to comments in the .rpy files.
Licence is now CC-BY. You can now use this framework for commercial projects provided you mention us in the credits.
Version 0.8 now available. Changes are mostly to the screen and classes. Recommend using version 0.8.
1.) Download the "sheepstorm.zip" from this page.
2.) Extract to your folder of choice.
3.) Cut and paste the folder to your Ren'Py projects directory.
4.) Don't forget to refresh your project list.
5.) Modify (you wouldn't enjoy this, right?)